The International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program is offered at Cayman International School to students in Grades 11 and 12. Not all students will choose to participate in the program. However, the IB Diploma Program provides highly motivated students an opportunity to pursue a rigorous liberal arts type curriculum. Students who participate in the IB Diploma Program will be extremely well prepared for the rigors of university courses. The course requirements for the IB Diploma are equivalent to those of most universities.
The IB Diploma Program Advantages:
- Challenging classes that focus on writing, thinking and communicating
- Understanding of the interdisciplinary aspects of learning
- Rigorous and comprehensive education based on a global perspective
- Opportunities for community involvement, leading to a well-rounded, compassionate person
- High teaching standards
- Advanced course placement at colleges and universities around the world
- Eased transition into university level courses
Students not following the full IB Diploma Program may take an individual course for an IB certificate. IB courses require two years of study, followed by externally graded exams.
Students and parents who are interested in learning more about the IB Program at CIS are encouraged to view our informative brochure and are welcome to contact the school.