Mission and Beliefs
"Our students achieve academic and personal excellence and prepare for higher education within an international environment that inspires learning, character and service."
"CIS will be globally recognized as a school of excellence. Our alumni will positively shape the social, economic and environmental well-being of future generations."
At Cayman International School, our vision statement is viewed not as a set of unattainable ideals, but as a foundation guiding each of our daily activities. It is the careful expression of our hopes for our alumni and our community, and a set of active principles upon which we act every day to realize our highest potential.
In pursuit of excellence, our students, staff and families work together to create a culture in which all our members can flourish. We provide a caring and supportive atmosphere in which each of our students is respected and valued, so that they will respect and value others. We deliver a rich and engaging education, so that our alumni will be inspired as life-long learners who value dedication to hard work and the successes it brings. We nurture creativity, curiosity and collaboration so that they will be passionate about learning, leaders in their communities and fulfilled in their own lives. We strive for high achievement in academics, sport, music and the arts, so that they will be balanced, healthy individuals, empowered to share their best and deepest thoughts.
Together, we work to build on our successes every day. We are an international school of excellence, standing as a model of innovative and progressive education.
In everything we do, we are directed by familiar but forward-thinking values. Our alumni are committed to bettering the world in which they live and practicing all the best qualities of humankind. Above all, they are grateful for and committed to the world around them.
- CIS shall always meet the requirements for private schools under the Cayman Islands Ministry of Education.
- We will only allow policies, procedures, or behaviors that promote the growth and achievement of students.
- All energies will be focused on instructional and extra-curricular programs.
- CIS shall always remain accredited by a U.S. regional agency and other recognized international agencies.
- We will not tolerate behavior that diminishes the dignity, self-worth or safety of any individual.
- All programs and services must be consistent with the strategic plan.
- CIS will only accept and retain those students for whom there is an existing appropriate educational program.
- All decisions will be made based on assuring the school remains fiscally responsible and operates within its own resources.
- As a proprietary school, CIS may differ from non-profit institutions in its decisionmaking processes and its policy-making.
Based on our commitment to Character, Knowledge and Service, we believe that:
- Every individual has equal intrinsic worth
- A nurturing and safe environment is essential for learning
- Developing an understanding, appreciation and respect for diversity are vital in a global community
- Partnerships among school, family and community are essential to foster further development and learning
- Honesty, respect and communication are essential in successful relationships
- Critical thinking and collaboration are essential in an ever-changing world
- Each of us is responsible for our choices and actions towards ourselves, society and the environment
- A balanced life contributes to personal well-being
- Learning is a life-long activity