Frequently Asked Questions
Last updated: September 2021
CALENDARS, SCHEDULES AND CAMPUS ENTRY/EXIT
- Will the school be modifying the school calendar?
- Will the school be modifying the school hours?
- What is the process for student drop-off and pick-up?
- What are the screening protocols for parents, visitors and vendors visitors?
- Will parents be able to go into my child’s classroom?
- What if I need to meet with a teacher?
- Will the school continue to offer optional after school care?
- Will the school continue to offer optional after-school activities?
- Will the school still have whole school community events?
- What if my family is unable to return to Grand Cayman?
- How will the school address potential learning gaps?
- Will CIS use a hybrid model of in-person and home learning?
RECESS, LUNCH, AND FOOD SERVICES
aIR, WATER, AND SOIL QUALITY
GATHERINGS AND GATHERING SIZES
HEALTH, HYGIENE, MASKS and SCREENING
- In order for the school to mitigate the ongoing risks, what are the school's requirements both inside and outside of classrooms?
- Will my child be required to wear a mask?
- What type of health screening measures will the school have in place?
- How will the school support physical distancing?
- How often does the school require children and staff to wash their hands?
- How will the school ensure campus cleanliness throughout the day?
- How will the school organize physical education lessons?
- How to report a child staying home due to illness?
- What happens if a child is ill at school?
- What if someone in the school community is diagnosed with COVID-19?
- In the event of a campus closure, how will the school ensure continuity of learning?
- How can I screen at home?