last updated August 13th, 2020
CIS remains committed to the declarations for staff and student wellbeing laid out on page four of our June 2020 Planning Guide.
Planning for COVID-19 has been updated based on the Ministry of Education and Cayman Islands Government’s Guidelines for Reopening Schools, also released in June. Please note that the school is obligated to abide by these guidelines until new information is released.
We expect that guidelines may be updated soon. We are also conscious that the situation in Grand Cayman could change at any time. In either scenario, the school is prepared to adapt quickly in order to serve our students well.
As always, student learning and well-being are our primary goals. However school looks, in August or throughout the year, we are committed to providing the best possible care and education for all our pupils.
Please find below a list of frequently asked questions along with links to procedural information you may need.
You may click HERE to read the complete CIS COVID-19 Protocols and Procedures.
Frequently Asked Questions
aIR, WATER, AND SOIL QUALITY
CALENDARS, SCHEDULES AND CAMPUS ENTRY/EXIT
- Will the school be modifying the school calendar?
- Will the school be modifying the school hours?
- What will the process be for student drop-off and pick-up?
- Will the school continue to offer complimentary, before-school care for Early Childhood?
- Are parents and/or visitors allowed on campus?
- Will parents be able to go into my child’s classroom?
- What if I need to meet with a teacher?
- Will the school continue to offer optional after school care?
- Will the school continue to offer optional after-school activities?
- Will the school still have whole school community events?
- What if my family is unable to return to Grand Cayman?
- How will the school address potential learning gaps?
- Will CIS use a hybrid model of in-person and home learning?
RECESS, LUNCH, AND FOOD SERVICES
EFFECTS ON SPACE AND FACILITIES
ORIENTATION AND RE-OPENING
- When will my child learn who his/her homeroom teacher will be?
- What should I do if I am having difficulty procuring uniforms?
- Will the campus be open for the start of school on August 26th, 2020?
- If my child is not on campus for the first two weeks, will the school distribute supplies?
- What if the airports are not open and we cannot physically be on campus, will the school continue the home learning program (HLP)?
HEALTH AND HYGIENE
- What health and safety policies/procedures does the school have in place?
- Will my child be required to wear a mask?
- What type of health screening measures will the school have in place?
- How will the school support physical distancing between if and when required?
- How often does the school require children and staff to wash their hands?
- How will the school ensure campus cleanliness throughout the day?
- How will the school organize physical education lessons?
- How will the school handle a sick child or member of staff?
- What if someone in the school community is diagnosed with COVID-19?
- In the event of a campus closure, how will the school ensure continuity of learning?